At Legacy Direct, it is important to know which athletes and celebrities are giving back to the community in a philanthropic way. Here is a list of charity groups that advise high net worth individuals when starting their own foundations in addition to working with athletes and celebrities to find ways to give back to their communities. The only exception is Charity Buzz, which is a website which hosts various benefit auctions, containing items from the sports and entertainment world, such as a swimming clinic with Michael Phelps or a VIP Kentucky Derby Package.
1) The Giving Back Fund – “The premier philanthropic resource for the sports and entertainment communities.”
2) Endeavor Group – “Endeavor joins forces with our clients to define, plan, execute and oversee their priority philanthropic projects. ”
3) Global Philantropy Group – “Global Philanthropy Group advises the world’s leading philanthropists. We work with high net worth individuals, charitable foundations and corporations to design and implement highly-leveraged philanthropic strategies.”
4) Athletes for Hope – “Athletes for Hope is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization created by a few very successful athletes of exemplary character who have a deep commitment to charitable and community causes.”
5) Athletes for Charity – “Athletes for Charity is a New York based organization aimed at supporting the philanthropic and volunteer efforts of Athletes of all genres, by providing avenues for the exchange of information, fundraising assistance, and the coordination of community service and development initiatives.
6) Charity Buzz – “Do good, live well.”
7) Pro Sports Philanthropy – “Pro Sports Philanthropy helps athletes use their leverage to achieve their philanthropic vision
through their words, their contributions, and their endorsements.”